Breakfast is the most problematic meals of the day for me. I used love oatmeals and muffins. How either of them are not really allowed although you can cook muffins with coconut flour or almond flour. (I’m not coconut flour gal)
Beside my go-to breakfast “Diced Apple with Homemade Yogurt”, I did not have much idea about it.
Here I am finally discovered my GAPS friendly Apple “Pie”! Technically, there is no pie – again, you can also make pies with nuts etc, but I am lazy and I am happy with just apple pie fillings!
EASY and QUICK way of cooking this apple pie filling is in Instant Pot pressure cooker, of course, my friend! It can be cooked in 3 min after pressure is on! Yes, 3 minute. I don’t even bother to open the lid, so Natural Release which will wait till pressure is off to be able to open the lid. (Pressure cookers don’t allow you to open lid when pressure is on) Also, if you blend them, it’s apple sauce for future cooking.
8 lb apple
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup water
- Wash, cored, slice apples. (I leave my skin out, but it’s your choice)
- Place in Instant Pot/pressure cooker.
- Add all other ingredients over apples.
- Manual setting for 3 min, close the lid, walk away.
- When beeps, Natural Release to open lid. (If you want Quick Release, Set it for 5 min)
Note: Have it cold – this makes taste sweeter and flavorful. If you blend them, it’s apple sauce for later use! I canned some of apple sauce.